Saturday, January 12, 2008

Casting Away Shadows




My book of poetry and inspirations.
Some samples from Casting Away Shadows
As Timeless As Creation
Bring joy
To this table
My worn out heart
Tired from
Disappointments
Bad choices
Wrong turns
Accepts
This face
As its own
Bring love
To this room
Mending
What was broken by time
Reconciling false beliefs
With the magic
Of its touch
The softness of its reach
Bring laughter
To this home
Uplifting views
Of serious disdain
Releasing illusions
Inviting life in though
Doors that were closed
By harsher lessons of life
Bring light
In its purest form
The dance of the soul
The flight of the heart
An embrace
As timeless as creation
© Copyright 2008 Patricia Sanders. All rights reserved.
back cover
Available here
Casting Away Shadows
The light has come
To cast away the shadows
In time’s remaining hands
All that was left undone
Becomes a finished chore
Dancing into the light
Of remembrance
Of who I am
My sacredness
A key I have turned
Unlocking
My worthiness
With timid hands
That forgot
How to shine
The shadows barely there
Anymore
As they come
Into the light
To merge
Into wholeness

No comments: