Saturday, December 29, 2007

Be The Change You Wish To See








"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.





This is statement is true. Attitude is everything. It is the catalyst for change. I have seen this in my own life. When I shifted how I reacted to people, when I changed me, my life changed. At times it requires inner work that is causing the way we react to the world around us. I figured this out in my twenties when I realized that everywhere I went, the issues of my life repeated themselves until the last few years.
What changed for me?
I did alot of work on forgiveness. I meditate quite a bit and am very intuitive. I also prayed. I have found God to be a best friend to me in so many times- good and bad. As I worked on issues of forgiving others who I felt wronged me I had quite an epiphany after asking for God to help me to forgive. I was shown a vision(I get visions often) where I saw the people I needed to forgive and was shown them with the filter of mirrors being removed. I could see them clearly which brought me to the realization there was nothing to forgive. God let me see that they were doing the best they could as I have done my entire life and I realized in that scenario what is there to forgive. I was also shown why they made the choice they did that hurt me and I felt compassion in my heart towards this other person freeing me from feeling a need to forgive them. This all came about with rigerous and tenacious work on forgiving. For some reason I was having a difficult time releasing the anger I felt at that time.
Once I did this, my life began to shift. I began to react differently to people around me. I stopped enaging in drama slowly until eventually I felt quite detached from what used to cause me grief. I began to feel gratitude. Many blessings came to me as a result. I then discovered "the secret" to having a happier life. I realized that it was based on my attitude. I have known this since I was a teenager but somehow it never helped me to manifest less drama until I did the inner work that created the outer changes in my life.
If we wish change in our world around us, we have to be the change. If we want peace, we must be peace.



A great prayer I love that applies to this is:



The St. Francis of Assisi prayer



Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.


Where there is hatred, let me sow love;


where there is injury, pardon;


where there is doubt, faith;


where there is despair, hope;


where there is darkness, light;


and where there is sadness, joy.




O, Divine Master,


grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;


to be understood as to understand;


to be loved as to love;


for it is in giving that we receive;


it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;


and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.





CD I recommend: Grace and Gratitude by Olivia Newton John



She sings this prayer beautiflully on that CD
I have it and listen to it often on my ipod.



Be the change in your world!




You will be glad you did as your life shifts.



Book I recommend: The Four Agreements by Don Miquel Ruiz

No comments: